Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tot school for R and phone number practice for C

Tot School
First of all, I am so amazed that I made that button appear! I am not very computer savvy. I have been following and participating in Tot school for quite a while, but this is the first time that I am actually posting our participation.

R enjoys retelling The Three Little Pigs with this playset.




This alphabet train helped C learn the entire alphabet before he was two. R doesn't like it as much as he did, but she will play with it on occasion. Each cloth animal has the corresponding letter on the back of it and everything zips up into a cute carrying case. My only problem with this toy is that U is for unicorn. All of the other animals are real.






This Melissa and Doug puzzle is great for practicing shapes and colors. It goes beyond the standard square, circle, triangle, etc and includes great shapes like the rhombus and trapezoid!



We received a free calendar that we don't need so I glued the photo pages to cardboard and turned them into puzzles. The first one I made was too challenging for R, but these two were just right.







AND....This week C is:


trying to learn our phone number. Right now I have him putting these Melissa and Doug magnetic numbers on a magnet board. I also have some clothespins with numbers that I will have him clip onto a board with our phone number on it. Any other ideas for phone number learning?

4 comments:

RockerMom said...

Where did you get that 3 Little Pigs Playset? RockerTot LOVES that book. I'd love to get him one of those. Congrats on your button placement. :D

Christy Killoran said...

I'm not sure where we got the playset but it is made by Pockets of Learning. Here is a link to one that I found by googling Pockets of Learning 3 Little Pigs http://www.cdkenterprises.com/pol/8614.shtml

Ticia said...

I need to make some puzzles like that for my kids. Thanks for posting that.

LadyJ said...

I really need to do some phone number learning, even my older kids aren't great at remembering. :) If I think of something creative I will post about it.