Saturday, December 3, 2011

Letters to Santa


I was inspired by Little Wonders' Days to have a letter writing party for C and R - they loved it!

I had everything set up for them when they got home from school.  I printed the letter template from ichild and the wooden Santa coloring kits are from the dollar spot at Target.


R was so cute.  She knew exactly what to write about how she has been good this year, and she quickly wrote it in "kid writing".  It says, "I help the kids at my school and my family".  When it came time to write her wish list though, she asked me how to spell everything; I guess she wants to make sure Santa knows exactly what she is wishing for!  She asked for a Barbie with pets, a baby that wets, and a princess bag.




C wants a lot of Lego toys.  He is hoping for a few Lego Hero Factory figures and some of the Pirates of the Caribbean Lego sets.


They enjoyed hot cocoa stirred with the candy canes and topped with whipped cream and sprinkles, and Christmas cookies.




The letters are on their way to Santa!

8 comments:

Mary Prather said...

What a sweet idea! We are going to have a letter writing party next week! Thanks for the idea....

Sherri said...

AWESOME!!!!!
YOU ROCK!

MaryAnne said...

What a fun letter-writing session!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great letter writing party!

Jenny said...

What a fun party! LOL about R making sure what she wanted was spelled correctly.

Unknown said...

Adorable! I love this idea and am going to do it with my 5 year old too! I tried linking back to this post on my blog, but your header is to big that I couldn't click on it - so I linked back to your blog in general =)
http://theeducatorsspinonit.blogspot.com/2011/12/afterschool-express-writing-continues.html

Ticia said...

I'll have to see if our Target has that Santa kit. it's way too cute.

We need to write our letters, thanks for reminding me!

Susana said...

You are awesome, Christy! I Love this! Those mugs are adorable.

C has the best handwriting and R is writing SO well! That is funny about her spelling :-). Her wishlist is so sweet.