Monday, November 12, 2012

Fourteen Months

At fourteen months, Katelyn:

- has eleven teeth (six on the bottom and five on the top)
- struggles with teething
- wears size 12-18 months and still has plenty of room
- is super ticklish
- adores her siblings
- will push me away if I try to take her from Tyler when he is holding her; the other day Tyler had to shower and he had to put her down on the floor so that I could pick her up because she kept pushing me away when I tried to take her from his arms
- enjoys going out to eat and is very good in restaurants
- makes animal sounds for dog, cat, bird, pig, and cow
- says the following words:  Mama, Dada, Tyler, Grandma (she says "Mamma" just like Reagan did at this age), doggie, ball, balloon, keys, book, more, uh oh, thank you, love you.  I'm sure there are words that I have forgotten.
- takes two naps (typically around 9 and 1) each for about an hour, but seems to be close to eliminating the early nap
- goes to bed between 6:30 and 7:00 and sleeps about eleven hours, although she has woken up in the middle of the night a few times recently
- loves cereal with milk and bananas more than any other food
- screams for ice cream (seriously)
- begs for sweets
- hands me books to read to her all day long; she is particularly fond of Sandra Boynton books and Reagan's old issues of Babybug
- enjoys coloring

- will spend a lot of time filling and dumping; here she is filling up a container with pom poms and then dumping them out to fill it again


- still enjoys taking things out of the kitchen cabinets and is especially fond of my dish washing gloves


Kate is such a joy right now.  We all have so much fun with her.  She is clever, funny, silly, happy, and loving.  Honestly, she brightens every day and we all love her so much.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww loved that story about Tyler holding her!

Jenny said...

So cute! That is funny that she won't let you take her from Tyler!

Ticia said...

Awww, Tyler must think it's cool his sister loves him so much.

Such a cutie!

Sherri said...

14 months! Wow!
I think I have been screaming for ice cream since I was 14 months too! :)

MaryAnne said...

What a sweetheart! I love that she adores Tyler so much.

Emma LOVED Sandra Boynton books when she was Kate's age!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Sweet! I am so happy for you - you are truly blessed.