Friday, February 1, 2013

A Look at our Week

Tuesday, Kate and I went to the library for the toddler story hour/play group.  Kate loved everything about it.  She immediately started playing with the toys, she was thrilled with the little foam mats everyone sat on while listening to two short books, and she thoroughly enjoyed the books.  We will definitely go back.  It's funny, I thought she might be shy and cling to me, but she didn't at all.

Kate always sits in a "W".  I don't remember any of the other kids sitting like this.


Look at those little toes.  


Sometime over the last week, Kate lost her "moo".  She used to moo like a cow (quite authentic sounding) whenever she saw a cow picture or toy, but she can't or won't do it anymore!  Her cow noise is now kind of silly and not authentic at all.  This makes me think of Collin who around the same age had a very authentic horse "neigh" sound that he made, and then one day he just couldn't or wouldn't do it anymore.  Weird.

Reagan did my hair.  Beautiful, right?



Collin hung upside down off the edge of the couch.  Not really a big deal, but I like this picture.


I made vegan pumpkin chai oatmeal blueberry muffins, and they were SO good!



Collin wouldn't try the muffins because they "looked weird"; no surprise there.  Tyler didn't even acknowledge the muffins.  Oh well, that left more for the rest of us!

After years of thinking about this, I finally switched all four kids from their current pediatrician to my doctor, who is also a pediatrician.  I'm SO happy with this decision.  She is an amazing physician with a homeopathic preference, and she spends time with her patients instead of rushing them out the door.    I know the kids will benefit from her practice.  It takes about two weeks for the records to be transferred, so I'm just hoping no one gets sick before it is finalized.  For insurance reasons, I would have to take the kids to the old pediatrician, and that would just be awkward for me!

I am reading this book to Reagan right now:

In case you didn't know, Astrid Lindgren is also the author of Pippi Longstocking.  We plan on reading that next, but it wasn't available when I went to the library.  So far, we are enjoying this book.

Kate created more art this week.  I let her paint with a paintbrush!

I finally bought Color Wonder markers for her.  She loves markers, but enjoys coloring the table so much that I had to get Color Wonder (they only work on the special paper)!




GE replaced our refrigerator yesterday (and today the water line is frozen, sigh).  When I was cleaning out the freezer of the old fridge, Kate found the popsicles.  She ate two!!!!!!!!  No dye in them!


Playing Shut the Box

Thanks to MaryAnne from Mama Smiles, instead of throwing away packaging, the kids had fun with static electricity.  Three days later, the packaging is still stuck on the wall!





Yesterday morning we had a rain/wind storm that came out of nowhere.  The winds were so strong that we lost power for about two hours and we also lost two sections of our fence.


Kate is always in the cabinets, but this morning she found the container of chocolate chips.

She had a mouthful when I took them away, and she was NOT happy with me.

I'm looking forward to the weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe at the chocolate chips! I think the muffins look tasty! We had a crazy wind storm followed by a torrential rain storm that caused flash floods followed by a weird snow storm that no one knew was coming.. and to start the week of fit was in the 70s.. What is mother nature up to ;-) We love shut the box!

Sherri said...

Your such a good mom!
I love pipi...it's was my favorite movie growing up! I bought the whole series for my kids to watch! When I sat down to watch my favorite show...I couldn't believe how goofy it was...I though how could anyone pick this as their favorite movie? Well, several of my kids..have picked it as their favorite..I guess it's an age thing!:)
I have never had a Kate sitter either...but I have seen many kids who do..and wonder if it hurts..it must not hurt!
I can't believe all the things Kate does! She is growing up so fast!

Ticia said...

I used to sit like that when I was a kid, and then my gymnastics teacher told me it was bad for my knees. I have no clue if it's true or not, but I did eventually stop sitting like that.
What kind of popsicles?

Karen Wilson said...

I love everything about this blog post. Your kids are the best. And your hair looks fabulous!

MaryAnne said...

Oh yay! I'm so glad you did the packing bubbles trick! I was surprised how long ours stayed stuck to the wall - way better than the balloons!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

My favorite Lindgren book is Carlson. It was VERY popular back home. I think Anna would be in Collin's camp with vegan muffins :)