Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Grinch

Dinner with the Grinch at Ma Raffa's is a Christmas tradition for us.  He's a little creepy looking, but this man does a fantastic job.

All of the children gather around and listen to him tell his story.

The lighting in there is terrible for pictures.

On the way to the restaurant, Kate was crying; she had no desire at all to see the Grinch.  It didn't help that she was tired.  When she first saw him, she was nervous, but she did fine overall.  I told her she didn't have to take a picture with him or get too close.  She did enjoy listening to his story.  I think Reagan was three the first year we went to this dinner, and I remember her being very nervous too. Understandably so, the Grinch is scary!

Tyler and Collin were there, but they did not want their pictures taken.  Maybe next year.

I love the Grinch, so of course we did a few fun activities.

I gave the kids packs of "Grinch Pills".

Kate made a Grinch handprint.

I baked and decorated some Grinch inspired cookies.

And the girls made Grinch dust.  They scooped sugar into bags and added blue and yellow food coloring; then they mixed it all together.  On Christmas Eve, we will sprinkle it in the yard to keep the Grinch away.  
There were so many Grinch activities that I wanted to do, but we ran out of time.  That's okay though, I'm saving them for next year!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I love that you get to add a real life Grinch to your grinch fun! :) It's all perfect!

Anonymous said...

Such an awesome dinner!! I would have loved to be there.. I love the Grinch!! :-) I love all of the add on activities!