Thursday, June 20, 2013

Roasted Peanuts


As Collin's baseball season comes to an end, I thought it would be fun to celebrate the season with a focus on a book that Auntie Karen sent recently.

Roasted Peanuts by Tim Egan is a great friendship story.  Two boys play baseball together, and while one is a great athlete, the other can not hit or catch the ball but he can throw really far.  They try out for the local team and only the great athlete makes it, but it turns out that the other boy is also very important to the team and to the success of his friend.

I saw a fun idea on Almost Unschoolers and thought it would work well for Collin and Reagan.  Using window crayons, I made a word search with words from Roasted Peanuts on our sliding glass door.  On the other door, I listed the words to be found.



I also made my own printable word search with additional words using Puzzlemaker at Discovery Education.
We will definitely do this again; it's a great way to keep learning all summer long.

4 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

It sounds like a fun activity to go with this book. I am yet to convince my husband that drawing on windows will actually wipe off OK :)

Sherri said...

I love your creativity! I love the activities!

Anonymous said...

We have and love that book! Great way to keep the learning going!

Ticia said...

I agree that window markers activity looked awesome!