Monday, June 16, 2014

Invention Convention

 
 The fourth grade end of year program is called The Invention Convention.  Each fourth grader invented something to solve a problem.  We were out to dinner at Fiesta one night a few months ago when Collin came up with the idea for his "nork".  A nork is a combination knife/fork; it looks like a fork, but the corners are serrated.  Since he came up with the idea, I have found myself in many situations when I could use a nork!

I didn't take pictures of the other inventions, but there were so many interesting ideas at the convention! I was very impressed!



I forgot to get a picture of Collin with his teacher, Mrs. Vitullo, but if you look in the background of the picture of Tom and Collin, you can see her holding a bag.  

Collin's invention is very clever, and he did a great job putting together his display board.  Nice job, Collin; we are so proud of your hard work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Great invention Collin!!

Sherri said...

He is one very smart kid!!! I'm impressed that he thought of that!