Monday, January 19, 2015

Painting on Ice

I tend to fill little containers with water and stick them in the freezer just in case I find some fun use for them.  Sometimes I put them in the tub with Kate and sometimes I give the kids salt and food coloring or liquid watercolors to experiment with on the ice.  Yesterday, I let the girls paint on ice.
 They started with watercolors.  The watercolors were fun, but very faint, so I gave them acrylic paints to try.
 With the acrylic paints, they could actually create vibrant works of art.



 Reagan's ice art is on the green tray and Katelyn's ice art is on the blue tray.


Of course, this was temporary art because the ice melted, but it was fun while it lasted.  Next time we might place a piece of paper on top and transfer the art to a permanent canvas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty!! What fun!

Sherri said...

One year the girls filled a sled with water and in the morning it was all frozen..so they painted it! :) They loved it! That was a long long time ago...thanks for making me smile as I remembered those younger little girls! I love the idea of making smaller individual ice for all kinds of fun...especially painting! :)