Friday, March 19, 2010

Bendaroos


We LOVE Bendaroos!  I love that they don't make a mess, are easily molded, can be used over and over again, are great for working on fine motor skills, and my kids will play with them for a long time without getting bored!

C and R like to stick them on the sliding glass door.  C wrote his name with Bendaroos. 


R made a Bendaroos collage.


C made a chain.

I have seen some pretty cool Bendaroos art, but we have not progressed to that point yet.

We often use ours to form letters, numbers, patterns, and shapes.  I like that my children can use them to learn how to form letters and numbers.


I found some good activities for Bendaroos or Wikki Stix; click here to bring up the link.  How do your children play with Bendaroos?  Do you have any fun Bendaroos or Wikki Stix (same thing) learning activities?  I would love to hear about them!

9 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

we LOVE bendaroos they can be used for so many great things from crafts to educational! It looks like C and R have had alot of bendaroo fun!

I need to get ours back out :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Funny - I just got a cheap set of those at Michael's $1 section to see how Anna will like it. Your posts is very timely since I wasn't entirely sure how to get started with them. Those collages and basic art look like fun!

Miller Moments said...

Wow, I've never heard of those. We'll have to check them out. They look really fun!

Amy said...

My kids have always wanted these. And I've been trying to figure out some small things like that for their easter basket, so great idea!

Being us... said...

We have a restaurant in our hometown called "TenderJacks" and they give them out for free (pack of about 8) when you come in with a child. We have accumulated about 50+ over the past year. Jacob loves them!

Renee said...

I have heard about Bendaroos, but never thought about getting them. After seeing your numbers and letters though I think we might need them :D hehehe

What do they feel like? Are they sticky? Do you have to store them sort of like playdoh? Whats the down low? :)

Ticia said...

I recently won some in a contest, I haven't gotten them out yet for the kids. I'm kinda scared of what they'll do with them.....

Christy Killoran said...

Renee - they feel like string covered with wax, a little tacky but not really sticky. They won't dry out, so you can store them however you want. WE love them!

Susana said...

We really like these too! Hanna likes to make flowers out of them and put them on the windows in her room.