Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kool-Aid Play Dough


Kool-Aid Play Dough is so much fun!  The color is vibrant and the play dough smells SO good!  This week, we made cherry Kool-Aid play dough.  Here is the recipe:

2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
3 small packages of Kool Aid unsweetened drink mix (3.6 grams each package), we used cherry
3 TBSP oil
2 cups boiling water

  1. Mix together flour, salt, Kool Aid, and oil.
  2. Add boiling water and mix until the dough is cool enough to touch
  3. Knead until smooth
  4. Store in an airtight container or Ziploc bag in the fridge
 

C and R used alphabet cookie cutters to spell words and animal cookie cutters to make a farm.

They played with this dough for most of the afternoon!

11 comments:

Amy said...

LOL! That time I didn't. :)
My comment was.... I love playdough. I would always look for occassions when I could buy accessories for my kids.."Happy 4th of July, Here is a playdough press!!"

Amy said...

I keep getting errors when I try to make a comment.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Sweet. We made salt playdough once, but it was kind of difficult to work with - our hands got very dry. Maybe adding oil would help. I wish Anna would play with playdough more, but usually she only lasts about 15 min which result in another 10 min of cleanup :)

Ticia said...

I so need to take the time to make that.

Jenny said...

We've made this before and LOVE it! I just had an idea: I could make strawberry playdough to give out as favors for Abby's Strawberry Shortcake party!

I've already bought the cookie cutter and stuff to make "6" cookies, but I'm starting to chicken out. LOL!

Miller Moments said...

We love Kool Aid play dough. I've started doing the lemonade flavor though because it seemed like sometimes the color turned out hands red/blue, etc. Do you have that problem?

danita said...

awesome! the pea has a playdate tomorrow--i think we will make some playdough!

Jen said...

We made cinnamon playdo before, but never with Kool Aid. Bright color. Just curious- does the color get on the kiddos hands?

Jen from Creative and Curious Kids!

Elise said...

How fun to play with such a vibrant and yummy smelling play dough.

Adriana said...

I have never made this version before. I love how bright the color is and that it smells nice!

Parent and Child Reading Assistance said...

Thanks for the recipe. Our family will be sure to try it this summer!