Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Week

I am always singing the praises of C's teacher; she is wonderful.  Honestly, she is one of those teachers that is just SO incredible that I have no idea how another teacher will ever come close to impressing me the way she does.  It is obvious that she loves her work.

This week, we are trying to show our appreciation for all of her hard work.  I found  a 20 compartment craft organizer at WalMart and we filled it with some trinkets from Staples.


We added fancy paper clips, binder clips, magnets, erasers, pencil grips, stickers, a mini highlighter, and Hershey's Kisses and Hugs. 

I used permanent puffy paint to write a special note and draw a heart on the cover.  I am only showing you a portion of the cover to protect her privacy. 


C also made her a very special card that we will put inside the case.  He is very excited to give her this special gift. 

* I got the idea for this gift from Frills, Fluff and Trucks - a fantastic blog, go check it out! 

10 comments:

danita said...

That is a great gift! As a former teacher, I can say that she will LOVE it!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

that is cute i saw it on that blog too :) we did something similar froggi's 1st grade year. http://www.skiptomylou.org/2008/04/22/appreciation-7-days-a-week/

this year we have go cheap i'll be posted my not so great gift tomorrow.

C's teacher will love it, I know i would have when i was a prek teacher

Jennifer said...

That's a great idea!

Since Nani is still in preschool (her last year, sniff!), I volunteered to put together a scrapbook for each teacher. The pages will have each child's handprint and a photo. Getting the parents to participate though is the key.

Amy said...

I love it! I have one nine year old who would love it too. In fact, a few years ago (because she is so into crafting) I got her a large tackle box and filled it with craft stuff for her birthday. It still is the only gift she remembers and still has from all Christmas's and birthday's combined.

Ticia said...

And that'll be one of the presents she'll cherish and remember for years. Great idea.

Cindy said...

This is such a great gift. One that will actually get used. As a teacher I can't tell you how many little trinkets and things I have collected over the years. And snowman ornaments. Oi! As a disclaimer I do have to say I love them all. We started only giving gift cards to book stores after my first yr of teaching.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is great. I am still contemplating if I can get Anna to make cards for her preschool teachers. We shall see :)

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

That turned out cute--I'm sure she'll love it! My daughter's teacher ended up crying!!

~ Sarah

Susana said...

This is a super idea! Filled with stuff she ought to love! So thoughtful of you, and I bet C's card is just as sweet.

Sherry said...

What a great idea! Thank you for the inspiration!
http://meandlu2.blogspot.com/2010/05/teacher-appreciation-week.html
We did one too!! Love your blog as always!!