Sunday, May 26, 2013

Buttonwood Park Zoo

Kate and I met Laura and Harper at the zoo last Tuesday.  Kate had been to the zoo before, but this was definitely the first time she really enjoyed the experience.  She is still talking about it!  The nice thing about Buttonwood is that it is small, therefore it is just the right size for toddlers.  We saw all of the animals and made it home just in time for nap.

I only got a few pictures.  I wish I got a picture of the black bears because Kate has mentioned them every day since our visit.  One of the bears was playing with a ball and Kate thought that was just the funniest thing.  There was also a woodpecker (no picture of that either) that kept flying into the net surrounding it's enclosure; every time it did this I jumped and Kate laughed.

Here are the pictures I did get:




Kate and Harper on the bear in the above picture.  Kate was not too sure about this, but Harper liked it.

I'm looking forward to going back soon.  The train was not running this time because they are fixing all of the walkways; I think Kate will LOVE the train!!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

We really enjoy the zoo! love the pictures that you got!

Jenny said...

Cute! We went to the zoo 2 times last week! LOL!

Anonymous said...

what fun!! I love the picture of them on the bear :-)

Ticia said...

Kate is just so adorable in that little sun hat.

MaryAnne said...

We've never been to this zoo, but it looks fun for little kids!