Thursday, August 28, 2014

Beach - August 27, 2014

I took the kids to the beach for a few hours yesterday, and it was a beautiful day.  The sun was shining, but it wasn't too hot, and the waves (red flag) were so much fun!  The waves were pretty intense, so the lifeguards weren't allowing boogie boards, but the kids had plenty of fun body surfing!

 silly girl







The waves were a little intense for Kate.  Most of the time, she was content to be in water that was just to her ankles.

These two had so much fun together.  It was really nice to see them enjoying each other's company and getting along so well.  I am really happy that I didn't invite any friends along because they would have missed out on the fun they had together.

Collin and Reagan spent most of the time in the water.  I hung out with Kate at the edge of the water as she scooped mud and threw it into the ocean repeatedly.  She loved seeing the seagulls, and just wanted to pet them, but they weren't sticking around for any of that.



After lunch, we climbed up and slid down the sand dunes for a bit.  Kate did a great job keeping up, and she loved it just as much as Collin and Reagan.




When Collin and Reagan returned to body surfing, I helped Kate make faces in the sand.


I wanted to get a good beach selfie, but the few I took didn't come out great, so this will have to do!

I also tried to get a nice picture of the three kids; this is what I got!

We had an almost perfect day at the beach; having Tom and Tyler with us would have made it perfect!  They both love the huge waves, and I thought of them a lot while I watched Collin and Reagan body surfing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great day! We don't get huge waves where we go in North Myrtle Beach (unless there is a huge storm coming) so I would love to play in some big waves every now and then!