Sunday, August 3, 2014

Beach

We finally made it to the beach on August 1st.  I think that is the latest first trip to the beach we have had in years!  Tyler was working and Collin was at Drew's house, so Tom and I went with Reagan, Kate, and Karlie.  The weather was not perfect and the beach was very rocky because of the strong rip current, but we still had a great time.

It was really fun to watch Kate at the beach; she enjoyed everything about it.  She kept asking me if there were whales in the water.  She ran and squealed and splashed and soaked up every little bit of the beach with every ounce of her little body.  Kate wasn't hesitant or nervous about anything this year.  At one point, a wave crashed right over her and she didn't even seem to mind much.

There are A LOT of pictures in this post!









Tom and I laughed SO hard when we saw Kate get into her "frog legs" position at the edge of the water.











She was so happy to hold these shells; she would lay them out and then pick them up and rub and examine each one.



Reagan and Karlie had a blast at the beach too.  They played in the water, rode the waves on their boogie boards, built sand castles, ran in the sand dunes, and had a lot of fun.

 
They ate their lunch by themselves up at the snack shack, while Tom, Kate and I ate on the beach. Reagan and Karlie get along so well; it truly is a pleasure to have Karlie spend time with us.

Overall it was a wonderful day at the beach.  I hope we make it back this summer.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Those pictures of Kate are priceless! I have to admit..little girls and the beach make the best pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word so fun! I loved seeing the beach through Kate's eyes! Looks like everyone had a blast!