Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Around Here

This post is full of random pictures I pulled off of my phone.  I always have intentions of posting things, but time just keeps on moving and before I know it a month has gone by and the posts have not been written.  I'm learning to accept that I won't be able to post everything, and sometimes I will just post a bunch of random pictures in one post for the sake of getting them posted!
 I love when my girls play together and set up things like Barbie cafes.

Reagan, Kate and I went to the Zeiterion last month to see Pinkalicious the Musical.  Reagan saw it with Papa and Grandma when Kate was just a baby, but Kate and I hadn't seen it.  I thought it was cute!  Kate was mesmerized; she barely moved through the whole show.  I bought tickets for us to go see Mary Poppins this summer; I hope we all enjoy that show too!


A local bakery provided pink cupcakes at the end of the show.  (I hate to be negative, but I'm going to gripe for a second.  At the end of the show, there was an announcement about there being a limited number of cupcakes.  I took this to mean that adults should refrain from grabbing one for themselves, and leave them for the children.  There was a mad rush to get to the cupcakes (weird, as if we are all starving and are battling for a crumb!), and when we reached the table, the cupcakes were almost gone.  Reagan and Kate each got a cupcake, but there were easily fifty people behind us and less than a dozen cupcakes left.  So, I'm sure some poor children left in tears without cupcakes.  In the parking lot, however, I saw many adults stuffing their faces with pink cupcakes.  Shame on them!  I'm not sure why the theater and bakery did not provide enough cupcakes, but irrespective of that, it is disgraceful to see adults literally taking cupcakes from children!

Later that week, we made our own pink cupcakes using a recipe from Happy Herbivore.  



On May 1, we attended the Fifth Grade Poetry Gallery to view the fantastic displays of theme based poetry created by all of the students.  Collin's theme was volcanoes.

Reagan asked me to take pictures of her Play Doh creations.
Maggie Simpson
Minion
Smiling Flower
For Cinco de Mayo, I made quesadillas and sombrero cookies.  I saw a recipe for churro cupcakes that I wanted to try, maybe next year.

How's that for a mish mash of events?!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I enjoy the random posts...they are fun...of life! We haven't done play dough creations for a long time! I'll have to remember that one for summer! Your sombrero cookies are adorable!

Adults are so funny....do they really need a pink cupcake!? :)

I need to take my kids to the theater this summer....I love it! We don't do it that often!

I adore the girls barbie cafe...too cute for words! Those are awesome blocks!