Friday, October 9, 2009

Top Five Friday #2

I am back with our top five for this week. If you have a few things you are loving this week, please feel free to join in the fun and link to this post.

Here are a few of my favorite things this week:
  1. A Grand Old Tree - this book is fantastic. I loved every page. Come back tomorrow to read my post about it.
  2. coconut milk ice cream - I love all things coconut and right now I am loving this ice cream. It is almost as good as dairy ice cream. The brand we have been eating is Purely Decadent and it definitely lives up to the name. We have tried coconut and mint chip and they are both delicious. I have found it at Whole Foods and Stop & Shop.
  3. watching R in dance class - she just started dance in September and she loves every minute. They do 30 minutes of ballet and 30 minutes of tap and it is absolutely adorable.
  4. the smile on C's face when he gets off the bus every day - I am so happy that he is enjoying Kindergarten and even happier to see him smiling when he gets home.
  5. the incredibly delicious pumpkin squares we made this week. I will be posting the recipe on Sunday. Oh my, they are really good!
So, what are your favorite things this week?

8 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

your top 5 sounds great and yummy!!!!

don't you just love when they smile it melts my heart! I love to watch syd perforn here at the house!

heard from wordpress once its gone its gone! i was able to recover the name since in their books it never exsisted! :(

Susana said...

I missed out this week--sorry, but....

I love the Purely Decadent Ice Creams too.

Can't wait to see your recipe for pumpkin squares!

Grand Old Tree is such a sweet book, isn't it?! Can't say enough about how much I love it!

Susana said...

Oops!! I am so, so happy for you that C is enjoying 5K SO much! And, I am sure R is absolutely adorable in dance class!

Ticia said...

Can't wait to hear more about the pumpkin squares.

Julie said...

I can completely relate to #4. My C is so excited to go to school every day. It's great to see his smile getting on and off the bus. :)

Angel said...

Grand Old Tree is a favorite of mine, too! And I'm crazy nuts for Purely Decadent coconut milk ice cream. I can't wait for your pumpkin squares recipe. They would be so delicious together!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Yummy top 5! I absolutely share your point about school that fits. I will link mine on Sunday.

Tiff said...

Mmmm, can't wait to see your pumpkin squares! I'm always up for a good pumpkin recipe. :)