Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tag, You're It

Jenny from Our Nifty Notebook tagged me in this fun game of questions.  The rules of this game require me to answer eight questions from Jenny and then come up with eight new questions and tag some blog friends.  Here is what she wanted to know:
  1. What was your favorite childhood show/cartoon?  My favorite childhood show was Mister Rogers.  I watched this show until I was WAY TOO OLD, but I adored him.  I wonder what my children would think of the show.  My husband does not know this and when he reads it, he is going to laugh and laugh and laugh.
  2. What does your child/children want to be for Halloween?  (At my house, this changes daily, so just use their latest idea)  This changes at my house too, but as of right now C wants to be a soldier and R wants to be Alice in Wonderland.
  3. What's your favorite color?  GREEN
  4. What is your go to recipe for parties or get togethers?  Rachael Ray's black bean salsa for an appetizer and Mexican Brownies for dessert.  Click on the links and try these recipes; people are always begging me to make these and give them the recipes.  You will love them.
  5. What's your favorite website?  I love my library and the website is very helpful to me.  It helps me keep track of the books we have out, due dates, fines (ugh), and I can renew or reserve books with the click of a mouse. 
  6. Do you have a favorite family tradition?  I love our Christmas traditions.  My favorite is purchasing frame ornaments with the year engraved on them and putting recent photos on the tree.  I love to look at how much the kids have grown over the years when we decorate the tree. 
  7. If you had an extra $500, what would you do with it?  I would put most of it in savings, but first I would get a facial and a pedicure! 
  8. Has your child/children started their Christmas list yet?  HA!  They started the day after Christmas!  Actually, they have not sat down to compile the lists, but the catalogs are already coming in the mail and they have plenty of ideas.
I am tagging the following bloggers:
  1. Ticia from Adventures in Mommydom
  2. Natalie from Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns
  3. Leah from Almost Unschoolers
  4. Lynn from Chronicle of an Infant Bibliophile
  5. Julie from Just Playin' Around
  6. Sherri from Families Are Fun
  7. Annette from Live, Learn, Love
Here are my questions for you:
  1. What is your favorite fictional book?
  2. What was your college major?  If you did not go to college, what would your major be today if you had to pick one? 
  3. If you could visit one place in the world, where would  you go?
  4. What is your biggest challenge as a mom?
  5. What did you eat for breakfast today?
  6. What kind of music do you listen to most often?
  7. What is your least favorite chore?
  8. Pretend that money is no object and you need a new outfit; where would you go to buy it?
Okay, my bloggy friends, consider yourselves tagged.  I can't wait to read your answers.  If I didn't tag you and you want to play along, feel free to post your answers.  If you read my blog, but don't know the seven bloggers I listed above, click on the links and check out their sites.

9 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

My favorite color is green too! I'll try to write my post tomorrow.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Oh! Not Mr. Rogers! I think that was my husband's favorite childhood show, too - I used to watch it just long enough to hear him sing, "Won't you be my neighbor?", so I could yell "NO!!!", and change the channel.

MaryAnne said...

I love your questions you came up with! I'm planning to answer Jenny's questions Thursday...

April said...

I used to like Mr. Rogers too, but I know my husband won't laugh because he said that he used to like watch some old lady who had made crafts with a glue gun. Maybe thats why he grew up and fell in love with me!

Jenny said...

Thanks for playing along! LOL about Mister Rogers, he was cool though! My all time favorite on that show was how they made the orange crayon. Do you remember that? AWESOME!!

Cool idea to get dated frame ornaments for Christmas!

Annette W. said...

So fun! I look forward to this!

Would you do me a favor and email me the questions? I can't cut and paste them for some reason.

:)

Ticia said...

Hmmmm......... Mr. Rogers? I'm with Leah on this one I never really liked him. One of the puppets was kind of scary to me.

But you're go to recipes are good ones.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Great answers!! And now I'm looking forward to reading the answers on every else's blogs too... fun!

Julie said...

I loved Mr. Rogers too! I may not get my answers up until Friday (I've got a busy week) but I'm sure it will be fun!