Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ghosts and Pumpkins

Footprint ghosts and handprint pumpkins are a Halloween tradition in our house.  To make the ghosts, I painted R's foot and toes white.  Then she made footprints on black construction paper. 


She added googly eyes and drew mouths and hair on her ghosts.  I cut them out, punched a hole in the top of each ghost and we hung them in the windows.


To make the pumpkins, I painted her palm orange and she made prints on construction paper.


Once the prints were dry, she drew stems on her pumpkins.  I cut them out and she glued them onto cereal box cardboard.  She added some Halloween stickers to complete her spooky pumpkin patch.

11 comments:

danita said...

nice!

Ticia said...

She must not have ticklish feet.

Super cute, love the Halloween stickers you found.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Ooh, just reading about foot painting made my foot tickle. Great results! I take it that C wasn't interested?

What I Did Today said...

Too cute! These are great ideas! I wonder if a two year old could do the ghost feet.... Thanks for the inspiration!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

They turned out very cute!

Jenny said...

We did the ghosts last year, but haven't done the pumpkins yet. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I love how they turned out and how cute their faces are.

MaryAnne said...

Super cute! I love all the different expressions and looks on her ghosts.

Miller Moments said...

All of it-soooo adorable!

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

I love those silly eye stickers! Footprint drawings are so much fun, but I admit they stress me out a bit to actually do. :)

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

She did a GREAT job! :-)