Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hiking the Hills of MA

This past weekend, we took C hiking. It was a great workout and a fun adventure, but it was hot!



This hike was challenging for me. We hiked over a lot of rocky terrain and I had to use my hands a lot. It's a little embarrassing that my almost five year old son is better at hiking than I am. I do enjoy it though.

Our puppy loves hiking. She can sense when we are getting ready to go out for a hike and it is funny to see how excited she gets. She especially loves running through streams. We have worked very hard to train her, and she is able to hike off leash the entire time.

We saw a lot of mushrooms on this hike.

Do you think C enjoys hiking?


After the hike, we completed the first page of his REI Adventure Journal.
We had a great day!

7 comments:

Susana said...

This looks like so much fun!! He has the biggest smile on his face--he definitely enjoyed it lots!

Stephanie said...

I wanna do the REI thing, too-- bt haven't yet!
Looks like a fun day!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

great pictures! maybe after a long hike drake boy would be a good doggie! :) he did alittle better today its like he heard us talking options this weekend:) :( !

Gidget Girl Reading said...

forogt to add my youngest loves I mean LOVES to go on Hikes! she is a great hiker! :)

Laura said...

Yep, I think he enjoyed it and it looks like everyone had fun! :o) I am searching for child accessible hikes here in CO...I need some that are pretty much flat as Cara has balance and coordination issues. Back in the day, I did a lot of hiking and climbing...I miss it.

Off topic but my brother just got a new puppy and he's part Border Collie and Mountain Dog. Such of a sweetie but going to be a big dog I think. How big is yours?

Ticia said...

I am so jealous of your nearby hiking trails!

Christy Killoran said...

Laura - Our dog is currently about sixty pounds but she is only 9 months old so we do expect her to grow more. Her mother is eighty-five pounds.