Monday, April 19, 2010

Earth Day

This Thursday is the 40th anniversary of Earth Day.  We plan on doing at least one activity in honor of Earth Day this week.  Today, however, is Patriot's Day in Massachusetts and we are enjoying a relaxing day at home watching the Boston Marathon.  It is also school vacation week here so I might not be entering the blogosphere too much this week - we'll see.

Anyway, I thought I would leave you with our Earth Day activities from last year.  For complete directions for each craft, click on the highlighted text before each photo.

We made earth mosaics with play doh:

 

 We made puppets with recyclables:




and we made earth with coffee filters:



Have a wonderful week! 

10 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

great earth day activities!!! I remember the mosaics I LOVE those what a neat idea!!!

The Wohlleb Family said...

We used to live in Mass, I miss patriots day! Twice we went and watched the marathon, it was so motivational. Only enough to get me to going running a couple times though, lol! Enjoy your busy week!

Bobbi & Noe said...

I can't choose my favorite. They are all wonderful projects! We're doing Earth Day stuff this week too. Now I want to do all your projects and skip out on mine. That always happens!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love that the Mommy bloggers are getting into this and spreading the word! I will be posting all the things WE do to save our planet! Drop by:

Suzanne's Blog-Mommy Moves Again

Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

It looks like you are planning a great week. Enjoy your day with your family - I want some sort of a holiday too :)

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Oh, I love that mosaic with play doh.. so cute! I remember these posts!! Can't wait to see what else you have planned for this week. :-) Sounds like a fun day watching the Boston marathon.

Jen said...

The playdo Earth looks like fun!

Sherri said...

Enjoy your week! Thanks for the earth day activities!

Susana said...

You really made some cool Earth Day crafts last year. We might do a couple, and if we do the coffee filter Earths look like a good one, but my fave is the play doh Earth! But, then again, the puppets are so cute and cool too:-).

I hope you are having a happy day and a good week with R and C, and of course, T too:-).

Unknown said...

This post is one of my great posts of the week. Here is a link to Great Posts I Came Across This Week:http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2010/04/great-posts-i-came-across-this-week_24.html.