Monday, January 4, 2010

Blog Award



I love blogging.  My real purpose for blogging is to preserve family memories.  I want to remember as many details as possible.

I never expected to make any friends through blogging.  If you asked me if it was possible to create friendships over the internet before I started blogging, I would have told you that you could not create "real friendships" and people who claim to have done this are probably weird.  Well, call me a weirdo.

I am rambling here, but I recently received a blog award from a few blogland friends and I want you to know that I sincerely appreciate the award.  It is so nice to know that people enjoy reading what I write here.

Ticia from Adventures in Mommydom, Natalie from Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns, Angela from Confessions of a Non-Domestic Housewife, Sherry from A Little Fun With Me and Lu, and Shannon from Mommies Little Artists were kind enough to think of me and pass along The Lemonade Stand Blog Award.  Thank you so much for reading my blog, and for sharing the great activities you do and ideas you have on your own blogs. You should also know that I would be giving this award to all of you if you hadn't given it to me first.

The Lemonade Stand Award is awarded for being a blogger who shows great attitude and gratitude. The rules for accepting this award are:
- Put the Lemonade logo on your blog or within your post.

- Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude or gratitude.

- Link the nominees within your post.

- Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.

- Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.

There are so many blogs that I enjoy reading.  Today, I am passing this award along to:

My Family, My Forever - because you are truly one of the most genuine people I know and I value your friendship
Chronicle of an Infant Bibliophile - because you have introduced me to so many wonderful books
Frugal Family Fun Blog - because so many of the great ideas that my children give me credit for actually come from you
Our Nifty Notebook - because you are so sweet and I always enjoy the honesty in your blog posts
Teach Mama - because we seem to think on the same wavelength so often, and because you help me teach my children valuable pre-reading skills 
A Mommy's Adventures - because your posts are always a joy to read
Funny Days with Mommy and Maddie - because you are a New Englander, you share awesome recipes (cranberry bliss), and your crafts are great too
Live, Learn, Love - because you are one of my original blogging friends
The Activity Mom - because you have so many incredible ideas
Our Random Acts of Reading - because I love this project and I really want more  people to visit your blog to learn more about Random Acts of Reading

Go visit some of these great blogs.

10 comments:

Annette W. said...

Oh, I really like how you gave reasons for the award too! Christy, thank you so much!

The Activity Mom said...

Thanks You! It means so much coming from you! I feel honored to be listed with such great bloggers.

Susana said...

Thank you so much Christy, not so much for this award, but for your friendship, concern and sincere kindness.

I value your friendship too and am so very thankful for it--more than you'll ever know!

Sherry said...

I love your blog too! I hope you recieved the award I gave you on Dec 31! you are an AWSOME blogger!

Jenny said...

Thanks so much Christy! I enjoy reading your blog posts with all of the great books you read and fun activities you do!

Lynn said...

Thank you so much! My favorite thing about awards like this is that now I have a list of blogs to check out and add to my reader. :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Your awards are so very well deserved!

Amanda said...

aww Thanks! I will always be a New England girl even when I HAVE to move to Virginia this fall!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

This has totally made my day -- thank you so much! I am familiar with most of these, and I'm so honored to be listed here too!! Some of the other blogs you've listed are new to me, so I'm off to check them out. Thanks so much for thinking of me!

Unknown said...

Thank you SO much! I am really flattered that you thought of me. I appreciate it so much!