Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fireworks


C made a few special fireworks with paint, glue, water and glitter.  I mixed a few different colors of paint with a little glue, some glitter, and a tiny bit of water (the water helps it spread more easily).  I then poured the different mixtures onto a piece of black construction paper.


Using a straw, C blew the paint so that it would spread out in different directions. 


Just make sure you mix water in with the paint or you will get lightheaded trying to spread the paint with the straw (I confess, I tried it).  The "fireworks" were mostly dry in the picture at the top of this post.  C thought the fireworks looked like fireworks.  I'm not so sure, but he enjoyed the process!

9 comments:

Sherri said...

I love fireworks...and on paper is much safer! I am so excited to have 3 days of 4th of July...lots of RED, WHITE, AND BLUE!!!!

Ticia said...

I always get so light headed after doing a project like that, but they are so cool!

And, on the subject of Playmobil (from Natalie's post, almost called her Anna). We just get the figures, or small sets. It cuts down on the little stuff, and my kids LOVE the figures.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I wish I saw this craft yesterday - we ended up half-making a windsock, and it was a sorry mess. I'll write about it tomorrow. The fireworks look very pretty indeed.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

We got to try this (sort of) this morning, too. I'm not sure I like the way it turned out either, but it was a huge hit with my youngest two.

Rebecca said...

We are planning on doing this this week as well!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

These look so great and sparkly! Love this idea!! :-)

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

The glitter adds just the right touch!

Karen Wilson said...

I like this project. I think they look like fireworks in the first picture. You just have to use your imagination.

Jen said...

Happy 4th! Looks like fun!