Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Homemade Face Paint

This is a repost from last year (C and R both look so young in these photos, especially C.  It's also funny to see pictures from our old house).  We had a lot of fun with this face paint, and making this paint is one of the things on my summer fun list (I hope to post my list this week).

Directions:
  1. In each muffin cup put: 1 tsp cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon water (I used a little more), 1/2 teaspoon baby lotion or whatever you use on your children (something mild), and 2 drops food coloring
  2. Stir gently using separate stirrers in each cup so that you don't mix colors
  3. Paint your face, hand, belly, or entire body! We had a lot of fun with this. The paint spreads easily and washes off with soap and water.


*This recipe can be found in the cookbook, Fun with Kids in the Kitchen by Judi Rogers.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like so much fun! Unfortunately Maddie is 100% against face painting! Boo. Oh well!

Ticia said...

I think I remember this...... Either way, now I've noted it for future use.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

I remember this one!! Wow, the kids have grown so much in one year! I think both of my girls would really enjoy this -- thanks for reposting it.

Also, you totally blew my mind with the oikos greek yogurt with caramel, apples, and walnuts combination. Oh. MY!!!!!!!!!!! I had to try it, and it is FANTASTIC!!!!! Seriously, wow! :-) I'm going to suggest it as a flavor when I tour the factory. It is that good!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

PS: I'll be sure to have Stonyfield make out the royalty checks in your name. ;-)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I remember this post too - I thought then that I want to try it, and I am bookmarking it now for actual making :)