Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bottle Stamped Forget-Me-Nots


The above photo is a page from Alaska ABC Book by Charlene Kreeger and Shannon Cartwright.  Alaska's state flower is the forget-me-not.

Last spring, we used the bottle stamping technique from Frugal Family Fun Blog to make flowers and I thought this technique would be perfect for making forget-me-nots.


C and R each used an empty 1 liter seltzer bottle and pressed the bottom of it into light blue paint.  Then, they stamped the design onto construction paper.


Once they were done with this step, we left the papers to dry.

When the blue paint was dry, they used the caps from the same seltzer bottles to create the center of the flowers.


They dipped the caps in yellow paint and then in the center of their flowers.  If your child is under three and will put the cap in his or her mouth, just leave it screwed onto the bottle for the stamping.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very fun! These turned out cute! We did this last year.. can't wait to start doing some pretty spring crafts!!

Peterson Party said...

We did this fun project a few months ago.
Thanks for your comment of encouragement :)
How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

Pretty! We've never tried this type of painting, yet :)

MaryAnne said...

Fabulous! I remember seeing these all over blogland a couple years ago, but your blog is the first place I've seen them since!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

So pretty! It's awesome that you repeat the projects from time to time - I discover more and more often than daughter needs a lot of repetition to really remember something, especially if this something not of a high interest to her (and in this house it applies to majority of art projects).

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Thanks for the reminder - that's one I haven't tried with the girls - and they would love it!

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

Extremely Cute and Creative! My Kiddos would think this is fun. Thanks for the peak.

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

I remember that post! We haven't done it yet either. I can't wait to start the spring projects, but I'm forcing myself to wait. Spring just never comes soon enough around here!

Ticia said...

And they're still cute as can be. I totally forgot about this, I could have used this for peach blossoms, but just as well I already had enough projects for a long time.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Oh, seeing this post made me SO happy!!! What a fun way to make forget-me-nots! :-) And thank you for the link-love! xoxo

Jenny said...

Cute! That fox is adorable too!

Unknown said...

Those Forget-Me-Nots ARE unforgettable!

Debbie said...

This is such a cute idea. Next time Selena is wanting to paint, we might just have to give this a try.

Sherri said...

That is a cute way to make a flower...I will have to try this with my kiddos!

April said...

Yours definitely came out "better" than ours did. Next time, I will try a smaller bottle and a cap.