Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chauffeur Days


You know how these are supposed to be the "lazy days of summer"?  Well, so far, we have yet to have a lazy day.  I don't think we overschedule the kids, but with three of them having different activities, there is always something going on and somewhere they need to be!

Today was a little crazy and certainly not the norm, but I think it's fun to document days like this so that someday when I am feeling nostalgic, I can look back at a crazy day!

8:20 drop Collin off for tennis lesson

8:30 drop Tyler off at the weight room to work out with the football team

8:45 drop Reagan off at the gym for gymnastics camp

9:00 pick Collin up from his lesson

Home for a bit

10:20 pick Tyler up from the weight room -- I had to bribe Kate with a lollipop to get her back in the car!

Home again.  Collin leaves during this time to go to Olivia's house, but luckily I don't have to drive because Debbie offered to pick him up!

12:15 back out to bring Tyler to tennis; Kate wanted no part of the car and I had to bribe her with chips (luckily, today is an unusual day; she doesn't eat this much junk on a regular basis)

Home!  Kate asked to play in the tub and then I put her down for nap just before 1:00.

3:00 Kate is still sleeping, but I have to wake her up to go get Tyler from tennis.  She is not happy to be woken up and downright furious that I am putting her in the car AGAIN!  She does not care that it is a quick trip; she doesn't want to be in the seat!

3:45 Leaving to get Reagan from gymnastics camp and Collin from Olivia's house.  Kate is kind of happy that I am letting her stay home with Tyler while I do this, but she wants me to stay with her!

4:45 I am leaving again to bring Reagan to her gymnastics rookie team practice.  Collin and Kate are both staying home with Tyler while I am gone.

Collin, Kate, and I eat dinner and relax for a bit.  A mail truck broke down on our street so this entertained the three of us as we watched the tow truck come to take it away.

6:10 Collin, Kate and I get in the car for our last round trip car ride of the day!  I give Kate a helium balloon to keep her happy for the short drive.  We spend some time watching Reagan do gymnastics and then we all leave to go home for the night!

I'm glad this day is not the norm, but I'm not complaining either!  I'm happy that I am able to drive my kids all over the place and I'm also happy that we are able to sign them up for activities they enjoy.  I know these activities will stay with them and help them create fun memories.  That being said, I'm ready for bed!

8 comments:

MaryAnne said...

What a busy day! Makes me glad my kids aren't signed up for any activities this summer - although I love the opportunities your kids are getting to develop skills!

Sherri said...

This is just perfectly awesome! We just need to drive around together! :) I need to copy you and do a post like this..I always swear I spend more time in the car then at home! :)
Well, at least our kids can't ever say we didn't give them our all! :)

Susana said...

Sounds like our summer! Kids at different camps, activities almost every week so far. Between that and meeting friends at the water park summer is busier than the school year. A fun busy though and I actually enjoy it. We are just getting in and getting the little ones in bed from skating as of about 10 minutes ago.

I think it's a blessing to be able to let them have these camps/lessons and fun. Definitely fun memories and things they will remember with fondness--I hope!-- always.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

That's one nice thing about living within walking distance of just about everything in town :) But, you're right - you probably will miss all the hectic rush someday, so you might as well enjoy it while it lasts - thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

whew that wore me out just reading it!!

Karen Wilson said...

The kids are very fortunate to have you home to do this for them. Oh, and you are probably going to have to do a lot of bribing on Sunday!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Wow, life with multiple kids can be very stressful! One day Kate will want to do all these fun things too and will stop complaining about the car :)

Jenny said...

That is a busy day! What does your car think about it? LOL!