Saturday, March 28, 2009

Counting and color sight words

C loves to use stickers for counting practice. This week he used smiley face stickers to make this chart from 1-16. I used a large piece of construction paper and folded it into 16 boxes. I always outline the boxes with marker to make it easier for him to stay within each box. This time I numbered the boxes myself, but sometimes we use number stickers or stamps for each box. C did most of this by himself. He asked for a little help on the last four boxes, but I think he could have completed it himself.

C enjoyed matching color words with this Easter basket full of eggs from Making Learning Fun.

C also loves these number mazes. He does really well counting to 39 and then he gets stuck on the tens. He's getting there though. I'm very proud of his determination.






1 comment:

kw said...

I love all of these great activities! We are going to have to try these. I really like using the counting stickers in the boxes. I love your blog and am following you now. I can't wait to see what ya'll do next!