Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tot school

We spent some time outside this week and R practiced walking on this balance beam.


Tot school was more fun than usual this week because we now have this:

This is our new "creation station". C and R love it and are excited to get to work every day now that they have a special place to do their projects. The table is made by Step 2.

We just discovered these Roll It markers/paints.





R decided that she wanted to make a collage of all things shiny and sparkly; then she turned it into a creature with eyes. C helped her with this.






I found a package of 6 sheets of princess stickers and this castle mat at Target. R loves princesses and while creating this masterpiece we talked about the colors of their dresses and R brought up the hair colors (that never even crossed my mind).



We mixed yellow and blue paint with shaving cream to make green. R loved squishing the colors together and seeing the final result. We also "wrote" the letter A by running our fingers over the bag.
C helped R make the letter A out of apples. He loves to teach her things like this and she loves the attention too.

C and R both made St. Patrick's Day wreaths. C made a pattern: large, medium, small (see above). That was his idea.


I cut these shamrock shapes out of cereal boxes and punched holes in them to make lacing cards. They have been used a lot this week. C and R both love lacing.

We also played with Moon Sand, but I didn't get any photos. The kids love Moon Sand and it is a great sensory experience but it is strictly an outside thing because the mess is horrible.
R will be three on 03/20 and I cannot believe it. My baby isn't a baby anymore.
I know C is technically too old for tot school (he will be 5 in August), but he often participates and does a wonderful job "teaching" his sister. I try to focus my posts on R, but obviously he is usually part of the learning process.
It was a fun week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your new table!!! And it is great that R loves to help with C... there will be a time when it might not be so... So take it while you can!!! Your activities were great and I will be sure to use some of them here... Have a great week!!!

RockerMom said...

What a great week!!!

I love the table and I'm tempted to cut up a cereal box to make a lacing card for RockerTot... I'd better not, though. There's still cereal in the box.

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

I love the shaving cream idea! We will be doing that for sure!