Monday, March 2, 2009

Tot school

Tot School

R is 35 months old and loves Tot School!

R and I talked about big and little and used these matryoshka nesting dolls to practice putting things in order by size. She loves these, but we lost the tiny one soon after we got them.



This Melissa and Doug alphabet puzzle book provided some good letter practice for R.


Another Melissa and Doug toy. R loves to put the puzzle pieces on the bear to get him dressed. She has mastered the zipper and snap, but is still working on the other dressing skills (button, lace, buckle).



We have a lot of Melissa and Doug toys. This one reinforces shapes, colors, and counting. I asked her to tell me how many blue squares she had, and we did that for all five shapes. We also counted all fifteen of the pieces together.




R has this wonderful name puzzle that is helping her learn to spell her name. C has one that includes our last name. I might have to get that one out soon so that R can work on spelling our last name.





R received this adorable little case full of barettes as a gift from Grandma. I saw it as a perfect opportunity for sorting work!






I found these trays at Ocean State Job Lot for less than a dollar each. R did a wonderful job sorting her barettes and insisted on doing it over and over again.








R loves these pattern blocks and asks for them often.


We had a productive week.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh i love those nesting dolls!!!

is the doug and melissa alphabet book good! i've been wanting to get it!!! I have a alphabet book obsession :)

Christy Killoran said...

I too have an alphabet book obsession. That book is great, but I keep it out of reach when we aren't working on it together because it has so many little magnetic pieces that will disappear if they are not monitored.