Friday, May 22, 2009

Button letters


I used gallon size ziploc bags and placed a piece of paper inside each bag. I placed the paper in there only because there was writing on the bag and it would get in the way of our letters. Then, I used color coding labels to make the shape of each letter of the alphabet - one on each bag. C and R place buttons on top of the dots to make the letters. You can even put the correct number of buttons in each bag and zip it up to take these with you. That is why I use the ziploc bags, so I can put the buttons in the bag and take whatever letters we are currently working on out to restaurants or Grandma's house. Obviously, this is intended for children who do not put things in their mouths. R is three and C is almost five, and they both enjoy this activity.

5 comments:

Annette W. said...

I like the idea of keeping the buttons right in the bag...clever.

Yeah, meghan still needs a lot of supervision with everything small or mouthable...especially play doh.

Angela said...

No, I'm not creeped out - especially since I can follow you, too! LOL!!! :)

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

I love the idea! Curious as to why you used the bag at all?

Christy Killoran said...

I used the bags so that I can put some buttons in each bag and take them to restaurants or just keep them together for storage. I should have been more clear in the post - sorry.

Sheena said...

What a great idea. I love easily put together activities that use materials I already have. Thanks for the idea.