Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Open & Shut


I read about open and shut at My Two Happy Homeschoolers and knew it was something I had to try with C and R. I found a few things in my recycling bin and a few other things from around the house. I just tried to find things that open and shut in different ways. We have zippers, snaps, velcro, twist off lids in different sizes (I thought that might matter), and a few others. I stuck everything in a pink tote just to keep it all together. C and R were very excited to try this.They did very well. I was actually impressed by how well they did.
There was only one item that they could not open - this little change purse. They tried and tried but their fingers just didn't have the dexterity to make it happen.
I like this activity and hope to find different items that will challenge C and R.

2 comments:

RockerMom said...

I'm going to have to look around for open and shut items around our house. It looks like fun!

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

that's a really great idea.