Thursday, August 1, 2013

3-D Squeeze Chalk

This morning we tried out another concoction from The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions; this one is called 3-D Squeeze Chalk.  It was a success!

To make it, I mixed:
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 TBSP flour
1/4 cup water
6 drops food coloring

I made one batch of greenish blue and one batch of orange.  Originally I only made one batch, but we used it up so fast that I had to make another.

I added a few extra drops of water because it was really dry.  Then I poured the mixture into Ziploc bags and cut a corner for them to squeeze out the "chalk".


I gave Kate a bag, but she didn't have any interest.  She played with the regular chalk!

 This makes me think of pancake batter!



Collin had a lot of fun with this because he used it to trap ants.

It dried quickly and stayed three dimensional - kind of cool, right?  I haven't tried to wash it away yet, but based on the ingredients, I think it will wash away without a problem.

4 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is a cool mixture! I have to try it out one of these days...

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

It's been a while since we tried out any Ultimate Concoctions - that one looks like fun.

Sherri said...

HOoray!
I am so glad you posted this and the recipe! I am making this with the kids! :)

Anonymous said...

Very fun!! Sounds like something Sammy would like to play with!