Tuesday, September 24, 2013

B is for Bears Part Two

 Kate did great sorting counting bears by color.  She knew exactly what to do, and went right to work!  She would even look closely at the orange and red bears to make sure she didn't mix them up.


We played with the bear family puzzle some more.  I tried to read Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear? while we worked on the puzzle, but she wanted no part of that book.  She has strong opinions about books, and if it does not appeal to her right away then there is no way that it will be read.  She pulls the books she disapproves of out of my hands and puts them away!!!!  Reagan was like that, but not quite as bad.  Tyler and Collin would have let me read War and Peace; for them, I think it was more about being held.  They didn't care what I read to them, as long as I would hold them.  My girls like to be on the go, and will only sit for books they really want to hear!

Kate had some bear sensory play with bear shaped ice cubes.  She LOVED this!!!!!  I found this bear ice cube tray at Ocean State Job Lot and thought it would be fun; now I am so glad that I got it!  They also had apples, cats, dogs, and peace signs, all of which I got for less than two dollars total.


 Kate immediately made an observation that the ice was cold.
 She likes that Teddy Bear Counting book, so she let me read it, but she insisted on counting the bears herself.  She can count to ten, but she doesn't really get the 1:1 correspondence thing yet, so usually she insists there are either two or five of everything.


 She liked putting the ice bears into this little cup and then dumping them onto different parts of her body.


 This gave me the opportunity to tell her that ice melts and turns into water.

 Time to go refill the bear ice tray!

3 comments:

Sherri said...

I wish we could do our letters together...and that you could be the teacher!

Anonymous said...

so fun!! I love the bear ice cubes!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Kate is so adorable - I love seeing these photos of her playing with ice. I miss Anna being so young and enthusiastic over everything. She let me read whatever - now she is a lot more picky :)