Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Chris and Laurie's Wedding


Tom and I went to Cape Coral, Florida for Chris and Laurie's wedding over the weekend.  I was nervous about leaving Kate, but she was great for Grandma, and Tom and I had a lot of fun in Florida.  It was a nice little getaway for us.

We flew out of Boston on Friday morning, and returned Sunday evening.  Speaking of Boston, thanks to Tom who noticed her, I saw Giada de Laurentiis in the airport.  Back when Food Network was actually a cooking channel, I watched a lot of their programming and I have always been a big fan of her show.  No one else seemed to notice her, but I was excited to see her.  I did not talk to her or make any kind of scene.

We stayed at the resort where the wedding was held, which was nice because we didn't have to go anywhere.  It was a beautiful hotel, we had a really nice view, and I thought the bed was comfortable; that's all that matters!  The weather was also very nice with the exception of some super high winds during the ceremony.

The ceremony was short and sweet.  One of my favorite moments during the ceremony was a little fight that broke out between the ring bearer and the flower girl (they also happen to be the children of the groom and bride).  Alexis (age 2, flower girl) wanted the ring bearer pillow that her brother James (age 7) was holding.  Jimmy, the best man, had to make peace between the two kids.  It was cute and funny; kids will be kids, no matter what the occasion.

 Brian, Tom, Chris (groom), and Timmy - these four have been friends for a long time

 Tom and Laurie

Me, Becky, Laurie, and Terri -- look at our hair, you can tell it was VERY windy

 Tom and Jimmy (best man)

This picture of Tom and me was taken during the reception.  It's nice, but I wish I could get rid of those red and green lights.  See all the little red and green dots?  They were DJ lights, and there is one right in my eye.

I'm grateful for this time away with Tom, a whole lot of help from Grandma Susan and Grandpa Jim (he got the task of driving Tyler all over the place), time spent with friends, mostly beautiful warm weather, and lots of fun.

4 comments:

MaryAnne said...

That's a great picture! I can probably photoshop the dots out for you if you email it over :)

Sherri said...

Awesome!!!!!
I could use a getaway!!
Mark and I have NEVER...gone anywhere alone! We do go on a date every week...so that's fun!
BTW....YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Nice getaway - I am sure you enjoyed it. You still look so young!

Ticia said...

"Back when food network was a cooking channel"

Ain't that the truth, so many channels are like that now.