Friday, December 6, 2013

Meet Boo

If you asked me a few months ago if I would add another dog to our household, I would have said, "ABSOLUTELY NOT!".  I love dogs, but I have had three (as an adult) and I know how much work they are when they are puppies.  Well, then Tom said he wanted a dog for Christmas, and I started to look at puppies he liked (this one was his first choice), and one thing led to another and here is Boo!

I contacted the breeder, picked Boo up from the airport (with help from Grandma who babysat and Tyler who went with me), and brought Boo home without Tom ever suspecting a thing.  Phew!  I was certain I would mess up the surprise or that he would realize that I was acting weird and ask me what I was up to!

He came home on Wednesday night, and it was a little chaotic.  Thursday morning was rough too.  I was wondering if I made the right decision.  I thought I probably should have waited until Kate is a little older.  BUT, then all of a sudden, yesterday afternoon, Boo and I found our rhythm and he started to catch on to what I was asking of him.  I am officially smitten with this little guy, and I know it was the right decision.  He's already a member of our family!




 Kelly is doing well.  I think she secretly hopes she is dreaming and when she wakes up this little nuisance will be gone (HA!), but I think she will warm up to him.





In case you are interested, here is the video of Boo's arrival.  You may need earplugs!

Boo went to the vet this morning and he weighs 10.7 pounds.  He is healthy with the exception of an ear infection that will clear up with medicine.

Welcome to the family, Boo!

5 comments:

MaryAnne said...

That video is AWESOME! Anna is officially in love with Boo. She adores all dogs - at least from a distance. She is terrified of them in person. I would totally get one, though, if we could find one Mike could tolerate...

Ticia said...

Oh my goodness she is sooooooo cute! Puppies are adorable, but I'm with you on how much work they are.

Sherri said...

I was wondering how Kelly was doing...if she was jealous!? Soon they will be best of buds! I'm hoping Rex handles our new addition well too!

Anonymous said...

Boo is too cute for words! LOL at Kelly thinking it was a dream. I think Tipsy does this sometimes!! Love the kids reaction!!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Ooh, congratulations on getting a new dog! I am still trying to convince Lars that I am serious about wanting a cat :)