Thursday, December 26, 2013

Museum with Friends

On Friday, December 20, Kate and I went to the Fall River Children's Museum to meet up with friends.  A woman I went to high school with is in MA for the holidays, so we met her (Hanna) and her daughter (Rosie - 17 months) at the museum for some fun.  It was kind of funny to meet up with Hanna because I have not seen her since high school (1991!), and while we had classes together, we were never really friends, just acquaintances.  Funnier still, we lived in Boston at the same time and never saw each other, and now she lives in California, so who knows if we will ever see each other again!  Anyway, we talked and talked and had a great time at the museum, and I kind of wish we had been friends all along.  I can thank Facebook for this reunion of sorts.

Kate and Rosie actually played together (as much as children of that age play together anyway), and Kate was more social than she usually is around other children.  If Kate wasn't tired and overdue for a nap, we could have stayed for hours.


Kate's favorite activity at the museum during this visit was a jingle bell bottle with a magnetic wand.  The two liter bottle had a few jingle bells in it, and Kate used a magnetic wand to drag the bells up to the top of the bottle.  She did this over and over and over again.

I have everything but the two liter bottle.  I am going to make this soon!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I must have had a baby...I can't believe how many posts I missed! How fun that Kate has a little friend. The more kids I have the less friends they have! ;)