Friday, December 13, 2013

Santa Photo 2013



Yesterday, Collin, Reagan, Kate, and I went to the mall to visit Santa.  Kate was looking forward to going, as were Collin and Reagan, and she said she was going to sit on Santa's lap.  Once we were right there next to Santa, however, she felt differently.  Collin and Reagan sat with him, and we all talked for a few minutes.  Kate clung to me and refused to go anywhere near him.  This did not surprise me at all.

The photographer tried to give Kate a big present to sit on, offered Kate a slinky, and promised Kate several other wonderful trinkets, but Kate still refused.

Kate is shy around most people, but she is great at saying good bye.  She always perks right up and will go over to anyone (even someone she has refused to look at or talk to) to say good bye.  It's kind of funny.  So, when I said that we could leave and that she should say good bye to Santa, she went right over and gave him a high five.  The photographer was QUICK and got Collin, Reagan, and Santa to look at her, and then she called Kate's name and snapped the picture at just the right time.  I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome, and I think the picture is great.

I have to mention that Kate's dress in this picture is one of my favorite dresses.  It was also worn by Reagan, and it was a hand me down from a high school friend with two girls (now 15 and 12) who both wore the dress.  I love the candy cane print.

Here is Reagan in the dress in 2008.  We were at the Buttonwood Zoo for cookies and milk with Santa.


Reagan was about 33 months old, just three months shy of her third birthday.

Here is Kate yesterday, about 27 months old, as we were getting in the car to go visit Santa.


2 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

What a fun story. For some reason Anna expressed a desire to see Santa this year. She is going to get her wish at my work Christmas party today :)

Sherri said...

Can you believe that we have not seen Santa yet..and I don't know how to get it in!? My kids are crushed! OH WELL....at least he won't forget them on Christmas morning!