Friday, December 13, 2013

Mystery Reader


I was the mystery reader in Reagan's second grade class today.  Mrs. DiMarzio asked me for three clues about myself, and this is what I offered:

  1. I take a lot of pictures
  2. I like to bake and make fun food with and for my kids
  3. Two of my children go to North
Mrs. DiMarzio read the clues to the class and asked the students to guess who it might be.  Reagan, and a few of her classmates, guessed that it was me, and Reagan seemed happy to have me there when I walked into the class.

She has an amazing class with so many nice boys and girls; it was a pleasure to spend some time with them today.

I read Snowmen At Christmas by Caralyn Buehner, and then I gave each of the students a foam snowman shape with sticky back pieces for them to add to create their own snowmen.

The whole experience was over so quickly, but I'm glad that I was able to be there.  Little moments like this mean so much to me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to have a special reader in class!!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I enjoy being able to volunteer in the classroom, but Anna has a very challenging class! I cannot believe that several of her classmates struggle with basic math and cannot read. This just doesn't seem like a "normal" class to me.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

PS: Love your clues. How fun for Reagan to guess who the Mystery Reader was.

Sherri said...

I love that you handed out puppet snowmen for the kids to make...you always go the extra mile!