Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve 2013!!!

We started our New Year's Eve party with a dinner, some fancy beverages, and brownies for dessert.

My kids don't really drink soda.  I don't buy it, and they rarely drink it out.  Reagan claims to like it, but really only sips a little.  Collin doesn't like carbonation, and Kate had never had it until tonight.  I thought this fancy sparkling all natural juice and soda would be a little easier on them, but Reagan ended up with a stomach ache.  It passed quickly though.  The other two didn't drink much.  The cherry vanilla soda with maraschino cherries looked pretty though and I made it with more cherry juice than soda!!!  Next year I will just make milk shakes!  Not sure what I was thinking.  Oh well, Tyler will happily drink the leftover soda!



We had a bit of a dance party for a while.  These fun, blinking 2014 glasses were a big hit.





Here is a short video:

Tom has a better video of everyone saying, "Happy New Year!"; I'll have to post that one tomorrow.

Reagan has a VERY loose tooth that was bothering her earlier.  It was kind of funny listening to her say, "It's coming.  It's coming.  It's coming out.".  She was actually hysterical for a bit.  An ice pack seemed to dull the pain, and the tooth is still in her mouth.  Maybe tomorrow.

Kate was in bed around 9:00.  Tom went to bed around 10:00.  Tyler is at a friend's house in the neighborhood.  The new year is less than an hour away, and I'm trying to stay awake with Collin and Reagan.  They are both on the couch trying to keep their eyes open, but I think we'll all make it.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

We dont drink soda either...although ALL my kids love it!? But for the new year we always have sparking cider...and the kids love love love it! I myself would rather have a milk shake...good idea! Love the sparkling glasses!!!
Can you believe every one of my kids was awake at midnight!? Crazy!!

MaryAnne said...

I don't like carbonation either. Love those glasses though!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Those were great glasses! We ended up hosting a teen party at our house...Just Dance 2014...puzzles and games...snacky foods...and LOTS of soda :)

Anonymous said...

Those glasses look like fun!! LOL we only made it until 10:30 then went to bed ;-) We had company and they wanted to go to sleep :-P

Ticia said...

Wendy's getting new teeth in too, and they bother her from time to time. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Happy New Year!