Sunday, December 20, 2009

C's Christmas House

C has an amazing Kindergarten teacher and I could not resist sharing this project that she did with the class. C is incredibly proud of his Christmas house. It is made in a large shoebox and the detail is incredible. I love it! The fact that it lights up is pretty cool too!

Here are some photos:
Rudolph is waiting patiently on the roof, right next to the chimney, while Santa is busy in the house.


Here is the back of the house, and you can see the whole chimney.
Santa's sleigh is on top of the roof too.
Here is a close up of the Christmas tree. Notice the pattern in the beadwork on the tree.Notice C's photo above the fireplace. The detail in this project is just incredible (I know I said that already, but I had to say it again).

My favorite part of C's Christmas house is the little egg carton table with milk and cookies for Santa. How cute is that?While C was working on this project, he would give me regular updates about his progress. He had so much fun putting this together. He is so lucky to have a great teacher who provides amazing opportunities like this in the classroom.

10 comments:

danita said...

we would NEVER be allowed to do something like that at school here in the people's republic of maryland! have to be inclusive you know, which excludes christians! that is an awesome project though! my favorite part is the table with milk and cookies. too cute!

Sherry said...

WoW that is great!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

that is AMAZING!!!!! so cute I love it! i'm going to have to remember this and have gidget and froggi make one next year!!!

he did a great job tell him i LOVE his house!!!!!

Ticia said...

Wow that is seriously amazing! I'm going to have to remember this because it looks so cool!

Michelle said...

That is the cutest project ever! All the details that he included are amazing. I love the Pine Cone Christmas tree and that Egg Carton Table with milk and Cookies for Santa is precious!

I have to remember this project for when the girls are older!

Lynn said...

Fun idea -- I love how it must have occupied the kids for days, doing each little part, but then they could see how each part became part of the whole project.

Rebecca said...

Woah- this is awesome!

Susana said...

This is so awesome Christy!

Joe would have LOVED to do this, probably Hanna too.

C did a GREAT job!

I hope you save this to pull out next year too.

The cookies and the lights are my faves.

Paige said...

What an amazing little project! It is so adorable! He did a wonderful job! I love the picture above the fireplace! It makes this project so special!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I just love how you write about C's kindergarten and his teachers. Sometimes it seems from the posts in blogosphere that nobody has anything good to say about public schools. It's awesome that C enjoys his school, and I certainly hope that it will be the same for Anna when that time comes.