Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Shrinky Dink Ornaments


Shrinky Dinks are so much fun. You may remember when C made shrinky dinks backpack bling. We had so much fun in the past with shrinky dinks, so I was very excited when I had the idea to make Christmas ornaments with shrinky dinks paper.

I cut one 8x10 piece of shrinky dinks paper in half and gave C and R each a piece to decorate. Before they began drawing, I asked them which way they were going to draw their pictures so I could punch a hole in the top. They used colored pencils to draw Christmas pictures.

C's picture is on the left and it is an elf surrounded by some of the toys he made for Christmas. I love the little toy Wolverine up on the top shelf.



R's picture is Santa's sleigh filled with presents. She was so excited to do this.

Here they are when they came out of the oven:

We really loved this activity, and I love that C's and R's art can be preserved in the form of Christmas ornaments!

8 comments:

danita said...

those are adorable! your kids are very artistic!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

I LOVE their pictures!


that is great!!!! I have the shrinky dink sheets we need to get busy!!!

Susana said...

They turned out super cute!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love both pictures - R really did a great job on her Santa. They look so excited.

Miller Moments said...

What a great idea! We do shrinky dinks occasionally and I never thought to make them into ornaments.

Adriana said...

Fun idea! We have never done shrinky dinks.

Lynn said...

How cute! Can you believe I have never used shrinky dinks?

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

What a great idea, and I love how their ornaments turned out! We have some of those sheets too, and I'll have to have the girls make some. I love it!!