Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Telling Time

C is learning how to tell time and I love the resources we are using. This large book, I Can Tell Time and Count Money, is a great tool and he really enjoys completing the pages. Half of the book is about telling time and the other half is about money. We have only used the time telling section so far.

We are also using Kumon's My Book of Easy Telling Time,


Me Counting Time From Seconds to Centuries by Joan Sweeney,

Tell Time with The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle,
and clocks, of course! C is a pro at telling time by the hour and is currently working on half-hours. I love all of these resources, especially the large book in the first photo. If you have any time telling resources that you love, please share!

6 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

don't you just love Kumon! I love he Eric Carle clock book too

Gidget Girl Reading said...

I'llhve to get that book for my niece thanks for the link to it. kids have such a hard time with the coins

Rebecca said...

Kumon is awesome. They have everything!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Thank you for sharing your resources! We didn't go to time yet, but we have a computer game Trudy's Time and Place - http://www.amazon.com/Edmark-Trudys-Time-Place-House/dp/B0002BQSW6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1260294684&sr=8-2, which I think is pretty neat for teaching about time.

Jenny said...

We have that same workbook C is using in the first pic. Abby got kind of confused about the 1/2 hour increments, but we are working on it. She's done really well with the money.

Susana said...

I have had my eye on all of these books for a couple months. Now, I know I will get them to use with Joe next year.

Thanks as always for great books!