Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Build Your Own Snowman for Breakfast

We have a lot of boring breakfasts in our house, but once in a while I come up with something fun to start the day.  This week, we built our own snowmen.


I gave C and R each three pancakes of different sizes.  I also gave them a small amount of mini chocolate chips and pretzel sticks.  I offered them fruit leather to make scarves, but they didn't want it.  The carrot noses are just a tiny bit of orange icing.



Once happy with their snowmen, C added some powdered sugar and R topped her snowman with syrup.

The pancake recipe I use is from Ellie Krieger.  Everyone in my house loves these pancakes and they are half whole wheat flour, half all purpose flour.  There is no sugar added to the recipe, so I don't mind giving the kids a little sugar on top of the pancakes.  Click here for the recipe.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very fun! I love the powdered sugar look on top!

Anonymous said...

Mmm! I bet they thought this was a fun breakfast.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Thanks for the link to the recipe - it sounds interesting.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

You are such a fun mom. I really have to add whole wheat flour to my pantry.

Sherri said...

I need to have a creative breakfast soon! The kids were all complaining about the boring oatmeal today!
This looks fun!

Ticia said...

Princess and I just had pancakes for breakfast. I'll check out that recipe, I have to admit we usually just use bisquick or something like that.

Michelle said...

This is so cute, we are expecting about a foot of snow here tomorrow, this would be the perfect breakfast to go with our snow day :0)

The Wohlleb Family said...

Pretzels!! You are a genius...while making my snowmen I was wondering what I could have done for arms. I was thinking bacon expect we were having sausage. I thought scrambled egg whites for snow would have been cute but my kids dont like them. :) I always enjoy your posts!

Unknown said...

So cute! My kids would love this.