On the day before Collin's birthday, we brought a few of his friends with us to Lazer Gate for a game of laser tag, video games, and these spinning bumper cars.
They had a blast! After a few hours there, we all went to Chili's (Collin's choice) for dinner and then the kids came back to our house for cake and a sleepover.
I ordered a laser tag themed cake from Pattie Cake.
Eleven years old!
We decided that since it was his birthday and he is about to enter middle school and that means more after school activities, it was time for a cell phone. He is younger than Tyler was when he got his first phone, but a lot has changed in the last few years, and it certainly seems to be necessary. So far, he has been very responsible with it and I have no complaints. I hope that continues. He doesn't carry it with him all the time; he is often out and about in the neighborhood without his phone because he just doesn't need it when he's out playing. Tom and I found a great technology contract online that we modified for our own purposes. You can find it here if you are interested: http://looslifamily.blogspot.com/2015/03/kids-and-technology.html.
Eleven things about Collin:
1. Every summer he looks forward to attending different camps where he often does not know anyone. It doesn't bother him one bit that he will go into this situation alone. This amazes me every year because it doesn't seem to fit his personality, but he goes without reservation and has a great time.
2. He still loves to snuggle.
3. Collin recently decided that he is a vegetarian because he doesn't like the idea of eating animals. I love this because he sees eating animals as an injustice and he has decided to follow his heart. I should mention that he has not become a healthy eater; he's still as picky as ever and shuns most vegetables.
4. He still enjoys reading.
5. He has not complained about the mandatory summer packets for school. I have complained about them quite a bit, but he hasn't.
6. When his friends are over, he almost always includes his sisters in whatever they are playing.
7. Collin has awesome freckles. He hates them, but I love them. He has the perfect amount sprinkled across his nose.
8. This summer I have witnessed him sticking up for himself and others, and I am very proud that he is not afraid to speak his mind when someone is acting inappropriately.
9. He has worked hard at his tennis lessons this summer.
10. He has a wicked sweet tooth.
11. If I let him, he would get Dunkin Donuts every day! A plain bagel toasted with butter and a Boston Cream doughnut are his favorite items.