- Paint a paper towel tube white
- Cut a large triangle out of white paper or card stock
- After the tube is dry, glue it to the triangle
- Paint a piece of aluminum foil black and wrap it around the nose of the shuttle (you can use black paper if you want, I just like the way the aluminum foil stays in place when I wrap it around the tube)
- Cut some strips of red tissue paper and glue them inside the bottom of the tube to look like flames (if you don't have tissue paper, use any red or orange paper)
Practice counting backwards from ten. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 BLAST OFF, and run around the room like crazy with your space shuttle.