Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Family Hike

On Sunday afternoon, my husband decided that we should take C and R hiking. We had already had a pretty full weekend and I didn't really want to go but I did because C was so excited.

I am so glad that I went. We hiked for 90 minutes and everyone, including our dog who is currently being trained off-leash, had a wonderful time and got some good exercise while enjoying the beautiful world around us.

Is there anything better than spending time together as a family?

The answer is no, there is nothing better than spending time with your family. If your children get to learn a little bit about nature....like how moss feels, that is simply a bonus.

I was tired and I really just wanted to sit down and do nothing. Instead, I had a memorable experience. Hopefully, my children will remember these moments as they grow.
And....it didn't cost a penny.

4 comments:

Ticia said...

What a wonderfully relaxing walk! You're lucky to have something like that nearby.
If you're interested I found a cool site that has "how to's" on nature studies.
http://handbookofnaturestudy.blogspot.com/2008/02/green-hour-challenge-1-lets-get-started.html

Gidget Girl Reading said...

what a fun hike! we love hiking!! :)

your doggie is soo cute!! :)

that place looks so pretty we don't have anything like that here or atleast I haven't found any hiking trails that cool yet

Sherry Gann said...

good times! :)

Lynn said...

This sounds just like me - being tired, wanting to stay home, dragging myself along anyway, and being glad I did. Good for you - these are the times you'll look back on later and cherish.