Monday, June 15, 2009

Super Summer Swap


Have you been waiting anxiously for the big announcement from The Dairy Queen and me? The wait is over. We are so excited to announce our plans to co-host the Super Summer Swap!

What is the Super Summer Swap you ask? It is a fun way for children to make some friends this summer. The participants will put together little packages to exchange with other children of similar age.

Why should your child participate?
1. What child wouldn't like to get some mail?
2. It will be a fun summer project.
3. Your child can learn a little bit about another child from another state.
4. Pen pals are always a possibility if the children want to continue the friendship.
4. Why not?

So, here is how it works:
1. It is open to all children through elementary age.
2. Sign up between June 15 and June 22.
3. We will match children based on age and partners will be notified by June 26.
4. All packages should be mailed by August 3.
5. When you receive your package, write a post about it and we will link to all of the posts.


Packages should include a minimum of three items from your child; here are some examples: 1. A postcard or brochure from where you live, 2. a lapbook or scrapbook or something handmade, 3. a photograph or drawing of your child, 4. a special gift that will allow your child's new friend to experience a hobby or interest that your child has or enjoys.

You do not have to spend any money, but please DO NOT spend more than $15.00 on the items that will be exchanged.

You can sign up through comments or email on this blog or the Dairy Queen's blog. Please include the following information when you sign up: your email address, name(s) of child(ren), age(s) of child(ren), and the state in which you live.

Please feel free to ask questions, and PLEASE blog about this so that we can get a lot of people involved. This will be more fun if we have a lot of participants!
IF you don't want me to post your personal information, please email me at superheroesandprincesses@gmail.com
You DO NOT have to have a blog to participate!!!!!!!!!!!

45 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

aww that sounds like alot of fun!

Mandy said...

Oh wow! My son will LOVE this!

Here is my info:
shebrakes4rainbows@gmail.com

Son's info:
Hunter, age 5

We live in TN.

Thank you so much for doing this.

Bran said...

We want to join the fun!!
branflakes127@gmail.com

Aiden 4
Alyssa 3

Bran said...

opps, we live in Florida.

Homeschool Friend said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

ttle one may be too little to "get" it but she may still enjoy it.

jen_simon@graffiti.net

Esther - 2.5

MI

Annette W. said...

Fun! I like the idea of spreading some homemade goodies around!

Meghan is 2 1/2. We live in PA and love it.

derekannette at gmail dot com

Miller Moments said...

Sign me up!

Here is our information.

email: kmmiller4@gmail.com

Son-Eli age 4

We live in Seattle, WA

t. said...

I'm wondering if we have to have a blog to participate.
I'd like to, but no blog.
We live in hawaii.

Amanda said...

Absolutely! This will be a wonderful summer activity!

E-mail- amanda_bryant@snet.net
Daughter's Info-

Maddie, age 3.
We live in Connecticut!

Christy Killoran said...

You do not have to have a blog to participate!

LitLass said...

Just saw this on Amanda's blog...

e-mail: motherisnotconcerned at gmail dot com

boy1: zachary 6 1/2
boy2: corey 3 1/2

state: Texas

Izzie, Mac & Me said...

This is a great idea! Here's my information...

mrscsparks@yahoo.com

Izzie: 33 months

We live in Virginia.

Thank you so much! This sounds like a lot of fun!!

Amy said...

This sounds like fun! I'll email you my kiddos info. Thanks!

Luna und Luzie said...

Is this swap international ? My son would love to do this. He is 9 and we live in Germany.
mail : stef-anie@gmx.de

Kirsten said...

Do you have to live in the USA to participate? We live in Canada. :)

Amanda said...

stopping by again! I have been brainstorming all day for the upcoming swap and was wondering if you did this in the past or if it was hosted on another blog last summer. I was hoping to look at some old posts and get a few ideas! I have started one little thing but I love looking at past ideas. Thanks!

amnesty90 said...

i asked alyssa and she wants to do it. heres her info
Alyssa, 2 1/2 machesney park il!
my email is grumpybear9008@aol.com

Sheena said...

I would love to do this, but I will e-mail my info.

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea. I emailed you my info. We live in Northern CA.

dnelms said...

Send you and email...what a cool idea!! We are in SC.

Stacy said...

Sounds great. I don't blog yet, is that okay? My daughter Bekah and she is 3 years old. Our e mail is nsrkroptavich@verizon.net
Thanks so much!

Stacy said...

Forgot to mention...we live in PA!

Heidi @ Happiness is Homemade said...

We would love to participate! My sons are 2 and 3.5 and we live in Northern California. I will email our info :)

Susana said...

Would love to participate! Here's my info:

email @ customblog@gmail.com

Hanna, age 9 1/2

South Carolina

Thank you!! Super idea!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun.

We live in PA
e-mail sheeleyfamily@rocketmail.com

Alex-8
Niyah-6
Nater- 2 1/2

Michelle said...

Sounds like fun!!

Kme0310@yahoo.com

Daughter's info:
Emily ~ 28 months

We live in New York

Polly and Ollie said...

Count us in!

pollyandollie at gmail dot com

Son is James he is 3

We live in CT

Polly (Ella) is too little just yet, LOL

Jennifer said...

I sent an email too. This sounds like a fun swap:)

Lauren 8
Sarah 7

We live in Germany, but have US address.

Homeschool Friend said...

Dear Christy,

I am so sorry but I am going to have to remove our name from the sign up list. Please forgive me.

Thank you Christy and Dairy Queen for hosting such a fun event! You two are rays of sunshine!

Happy Swapping everyone!

Susana said...

I need to sign up my son, should have signed him up yesterday with my daughter....

customblog@gmail.com

Joe, age 4

South Carolina

Fairly Odd Mother said...

I'm in! I have three kids and live in Massachusetts.

I'm going to give you the 'nicknames' I use on site but you can email me for their real names if you'd like:

Belly (girl) age 8
Jilly (girl) age 6
D (boy) age 4 1/2 (he insists on the 1/2!)

My email addy is fairlyoddmother@inbox.com

And, thanks for organizing this!

Anonymous said...

my daughter would love to do this!!!!! What a great way to find a friend
We live in Powder Springs GA

Jean Knee said...

sounds great, will email


daughter 7 1/2

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

This would be great fun for the kids. I will email you!!

Ticia said...

We're in. I have 3 little ones:

Superman 4
Batman 4
Princess 2
We're in Texas

Glad I was able to check my computer today, we'd lost it for a week. YIKES!

Goat Gal said...

Oh please sign us up! This will be so so fun! Are you accepting Canadians? I sure do hope so!
My email address: sarahlscott@gmail.com
Hudson is 3

Christie said...

We are totally in! Thanks for telling us.

Christie said...

I guess I should have also said that each of my girls would be willing to do it separately.
They are
Cori- 11
Cassi-10
Cali- 4

I have told two of the three of them and they are super excited!!
Thanks for the idea and putting it together.

Christie said...

Oh gosh, and I guess you know, but we live in Alaska!

teachmama said...

I'm totally in!! Sounds like so much fun!

t. said...

I so thought I'd signed up already, but I don't see my post.

We'd love to join!
Taylor-Anne 7
Thomas 3
Living in Hawaii

4t.atou@gmail.com
Thanks, tammy

t. said...

I so thought I'd signed up already, but I don't see my post.

We'd love to join!
Taylor-Anne 7
Thomas 3
Living in Hawaii

4t.atou@gmail.com
Thanks, tammy

Ally said...

Darn I missed the deadline! =(

MommyWizdom said...

O bummer, I missed it :-(

MommyWizdom