Monday, June 8, 2009

Window washing


Last week I posted about Crayola window markers and crayons and promised that I would let you know how the clean up went. Well, my windows are clean, sort of. The Crayola window markers and crayons are great, and we will definitely use them again but the clean up took some time. Soap and hot water, vinegar (my usual window cleaner), Method glass cleaner, and about eight cloth rags combined with a little elbow grease got all of the crayon and marker off the windows but I still notice a smudge here and there when I walk by the glass. I still recommend them because T, C, and R had a lot of fun covering every inch of space in color. If the idea of having your windows covered in smudges bothers you, I recently read (sorry, I don't remember where) a blog that recommended using the markers and crayons on old vases or hand mirrors that you don't use.

3 comments:

Annette W. said...

I wonder if the sun may have really baked them on. I would test them on another window or mirror...and clean immediately. Maybe it won't be so bad. That was a lot of cleaning!

Christy Killoran said...

You are right Annette. I bet it would have washed off easier if I didn't let it sit for a few days. My kids have trouble parting with their artwork!

Michelle said...

Wow that was a lot of cleaning!! I like the idea of an old vase or mirror you don't use anymore. You could probably get some pieces of Plexiglas at the hardware store to use for the markers too.