Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yes, you can write on the windows

The idea of writing on the windows appealed to all three of my children. T is seven years older than C and almost nine years older than R so it isn't often that a product appeals to all three of them. I picked up Crayola window crayons at Target last week and Crayola window markers at Michael's.


After a long day of running errands and preparing for our upcoming trip to NY, I decided to let them write on the windows. At first, they didn't think I was serious; after all, why would I let them write on the windows? When I convinced them that I was serious and yes, they could write on the windows, they got to work creating their masterpieces. All three of them, together.
This is what it looks like on the windows. Notice the texture collage that has been on my sliding glass door since the beginning of April. It looks so pretty when the sun shines through it that I have decided to leave it there until it stops looking pretty, and then we will have to make another one. Check out that post if you want to make one of your own, and then hang it in a window that gets a lot of sun.
This is what my colored window looked like after dark. So cool!
I haven't tried to wash it off yet so I don't know how easy that will be, but I have always been happy with the washability of Crayola products so I am not really concerned. If I have a problem, I'll let you know. For now, I am happy that I spent a few dollars for original window art that all three of my children created together.

6 comments:

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

wow that's cool! I didn't even know they made those...
I'd consider it but I don't think Z has the self control to keep it ON the window.
You are so right about that collage though, looks really cool with the sun hitting it.

Annette W. said...

I think that's a great idea for older kids! The picture after dark is super cool!

Ticia said...

I've wanted to get those for a while, they look so cool. I was worried about how well they wash off.
That and my kids realizing they couldn't write on the window wiht normal crayons.
Here's where I got the mops: montessoriservices.com

DairyQueen said...

What fun! My kids love doing that too!

Jenny said...

How fun! I heard they were hard to get off, so I'll have to watch for an update from you about it.

Susana said...

Did you ever try to get these off? We have used them for a couple years. I pulled them out today actually, they are way hard to remove--but so fun to use!!

They are especially hard to remove if you leave them on for a year like I did:-)!!