Sunday, May 12, 2013

Eighteen Months to Twenty Months


Kate is twenty months today!!!  More than two months ago I began putting together a post about her at eighteen months, and I never finished it.  I'll leave the details about her at eighteen months and continue with where she is now.

At eighteen months, Kate
- adores her siblings; she has from the beginning, but now she is always looking for them and asking for them
- makes funny faces
- is usually happy
- is a pretty good sleeper; she typically sleeps twelve hours at night and is usually in her crib sometime between 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM.  She also naps about two hours each day, usually from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
- still fits in 12-18 months, but is wearing some 18-24 months too
- is talking more and more; she now puts two words together
- climbs on the leather chair, the ottomans, and the kitchen chairs; I am a total wreck when she climbs on the kitchen chairs because I don't want her to fall onto the ceramic tile
- makes a mess faster than any of my other children ever did; she loves to empty drawers and cabinets
- likes to dance
- prefers to be naked, or at least just in a diaper
- loves to eat and eats quite a bit

At twenty months, Kate now tries to put words together to explain something that happened.  Today, Kate said, "poop, rug, Daddy bath" to explain that she pooped on the rug and then Daddy gave her a bath.
- she no longer fits in 12-18 months, everything she wears is 18-24 months; size 2 is WAY too big though
- she often says, "I don't know" and that is my favorite phrase from her right now; it's very cute
- colors every day, several times a day
- knows most colors (this is probably because we color A LOT)
- is still a great sleeper following the same sleep schedule that she did at eighteen months
- her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, hot dogs, and pizza, but she eats a lot of fruits and vegetables and eats a lot of the meals I make
- tries to be like Reagan a lot, she really likes to dance with Reagan and it is very cute to watch her follow Reagan's lead
- knows what she wants and makes it clear
- takes a fall better than any of her siblings ever did (or maybe better than they do now)
- enjoys playing outside and asks to go outside often
- loves cars and baby dolls; she is very girly with a little bit of Tomboy in her
Kate is the sweetest little girl.  She is quick with kisses and hugs, and just loves everyone so much.  She is such a joy to spend the day with, and I love to be the recipient of so much sweetness.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

She is a good sleeper! That's awesome. She sounds adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a fun girl Kate is! I love that she wants to be like her big sis!

Sherri said...

Whooo Hooo I made it down stairs to the computer that allows me to get on your blog! :) I've missed your blog! Rex likes cars and dolls too..I love when he hugs and holds the dolls with tender care!

Ticia said...

She's such a cutie, Princess was like that at her age, a bit of a tomboy with some girly girl to mix in with it.

MaryAnne said...

What a cutie! I love reading about how she is growing up - it's like a window into where Anna is headed :)