Saturday, January 10, 2015

Mittens and Pom Poms

One day this week, Kate and I looked at a few crafts on Pinterest, and she chose to make stained glass mittens.

I cut out the black mitten outline and stuck it onto contact paper.  She tore pieces of tissue paper and placed the pieces within the mitten outline.

 After finishing one pink mitten, she decided the other mitten should be a different color.



Then we moved on to mitten math.  I cut mitten shapes out of white card stock and added numbers with the corresponding number of dots.

Kate found the correct colored pom poms and placed them on the dots, counting each time.  She has known all of these colors for a long time and she is also pretty good at counting; we mostly worked on number recognition.


Our next activity was to help Kate develop fine motor skills and hand strength.  We have these neat tools she used with the pom poms.








 I enjoyed the most wonderful pom pom ice cream treats made just for me by Kate.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

You are the pintrest user ever!! You don't just pin..you use! I love it! I need to do better!

Anonymous said...

Such fun! I can't believe how big Kate is getting!